As a graphic designer, it’s easy to think that outstanding skills are enough to make it in the design world. However, we can’t forget that there are some crucial elements that can upgrade our design game and help us reach greater outputs. I am talking about a good workspace that increases your productivity. Here are some items to consider adding to your workspace:
- Heavy-duty computer: this will save you time, boost your productivity, and help you meet deadlines. You’ll no longer have to freak out about having PS, AI, and INDD open simultaneously because you only have 30 minutes left to submit files to your customers.
- Creative software: this might be where you hesitate the most because it can be expensive. But having a subscription will ensure that your software is always up-to-date and compatible.
- Tablet and stylus: if you’re used to pen and paper, this one’s a must! It will make it easier to translate your ideas to the screen. Also, the health benefits are a plus; take care of those wrists!
- External hard drive: don’t ever worry about losing your files. Having a backup comes in handy, and it will save space and memory on your computer.
- Comfortable workspace: this is where you’ll spend most of your time, so make sure it is comfortable, well-lit, ergonomic, and attractive.
Investments like this can initially seem quite pricey, but they are ultimately worth it as they will add to your output as a designer.